Sunday, 16 December 2007

Ich bin uberfragt!

Oh, what have I done?!?...While innocently chugging along at work today, I started uncovering error after error. Error might be too strong a word, but there are a myriad of inconsistencies in my database rearing their ugly little heads. Not cool, not cool at all. It's like when I first created the database I was on crack or something! (No offense to any crackheads out there). I am seriously baffled by this and now unsure how to proceed. I only found the mistakes I did by looking further into 22 of my 1908 radio sources. Who's to say that this problem doesn't pervade the whole database? Does this mean I should go over all 1908 entries with a fine tooth comb? Or is that a waste of time? Do I instead just wait until other potential problems rise to the surface? But if that happens enough times in the near future, then wouldn't it have just been better and more time efficient to review the full database now?

Too many questions swirling around my already full postgraduate student head.

No comments: