Sunday, 21 March 2010

5 Minute Science

My latest creative endeavour was brought about by the amazing Laura Conaway. Laura and I first worked together when I blogged for the now sadly gone Bryant Park Project. She landed on her feet at the Rachel Maddow Show and reached out to me in the new year. The result is a growing series of short videos of what I like to call whiteboard science. Each week, Laura and I settle on a scientific topic and break it down into a clear explanation and simple diagrams that can fit on a whiteboard. So far I think we've been successful, but you can be the judge.

Video #1: Kepler Space Mission

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy


Video #2: Happy Birthday, Pluto

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy


Video #3: Type-1A Supernova

A New Kind of Supernova -- Not Champagne, Either from The Rachel Maddow Show on Vimeo.


Video #4: Parallax

Parallax: Beyond Wayne's World from The Rachel Maddow Show on Vimeo.


Video #5: Vernal Equinox

Quick Study: The Vernal Equinox from The Rachel Maddow Show on Vimeo.

1 comment:

djempirical said...

post more blog entries! ;)